This Peanut Butter Confetti Cake is a family favourite recipe! Full of delicious peanut butter, butterscotch and marshmallow flavours!
– – – – – –
Every Easter my family looks forward to this dessert! It’s so mouthwatering good. Once you have one bite you won’t be able to stop! Trust me on this one. Me, myself & I finished off half of it all by ourself.
This is one of those recipes that has been around in our family for as long as I can remember. Peanut Butter Confetti Cake would appear every year at Easter when either my Mom, Grandma or Aunties made it…it’s a classic. Funny thing though, when I was a kid I actually didn’t love it like I do now. Now, I cannot get enough of it, which is why I don’t make it very often. In fact I only make it at Easter time. Some people make it for Christmas, but I like it for Easter because the pastel colours seem to be perfect for this time of year.
Peanut Butter Confetti Cake
This recipe makes a pretty large batch. I have learned over the years to actually cut the recipe in half when I’m serving just our family of 5. But if I’m getting together with a larger group of family, I will make a large batch…and you can bet by the end of Easter weekend it’s gone. Gone with the wind.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 – 300 g packages of butterscotch chips
- 1 large (400 g package of mini coloured marshmallows)
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat, melt the butter, butterscotch chips and peanut butter together, stirring constantly. Do not let the mixture boil. All you want to do is melt everything.
- Let the mix cool for a few minutes before you add the marshmallows, so you don’t melt them.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Then transfer to an 8 x 8 ” square dish.
- Refrigerate, and serve when cooled completely.
- This square is best kept in the fridge between snacking!
You could easily cut this recipe in half. I do this for our family of 5, and there is plenty!
More Delicious Easter Desserts!
- Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Easter Egg Bark
- Butter Tart Squares
- Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Have a delicious day!
This is an old post that I updated with new pictures and republished!