These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars cookie bars are sweet, soft, chewy and mega peanut buttery!
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×9 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Spread the mixture into the baking pan, making sure it is smooth and level.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre looks set. See notes.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
I wanted our bars to be slightly chewy, so they are a little under done. I baked mine for 30 minutes.