- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, milk, peanut butter and melted butter. I actually use a hand blender to do this, so the mixture is smooth (it’s hard to mix in the peanut butter with out it).
- Then add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, and lightly combine. As always with pancake batter, it can be a little lumpy.
- Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes before you cook the pancakes. You will notice that the batter will fluff up a lot.
- Cook the pancakes on medium heat grill.
- We have made these pancakes with whole wheat flour too, and they are good. Not quite as fluffy, but they are tasty. I just used 1/2 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
- These pancakes are amazing served with jam, or syrup, or even just butter!