For the past few years I’ve participated in a local blogger bake sale here in Calgary in support for various charities. I always enjoy baking for these events because not only is it for a good cause, it’s also a great opportunity for me to meet and work with local food bloggers! This past weekend was our most recent bake sale in support of Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids…a charity that works in partnership with Calgary schools to make and deliver free healthy lunches for students who would otherwise go hungry. Now that is something absolutely worth baking for!
So Friday night at 9, I got busy in the kitchen whipping up a couple batches of these delicious Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies for the bake sale Saturday morning (I wanted them to be fresh!). Then I put 2 cookies in little plastic bags that I found at a craft store, and wrapped them up with some pretty bakers twine. (You may have seen these on Instagram already!)
Not only are these sugar cookies so pretty, they are the softest, chewiest sugar cookie around. Not even kidding.
As soon as I took one bite I knew I had at long last found THE sugar cookie. I’ll never make another.
And with the Peppermint Kiss. Oh my, decadent. I need another one right now.
The recipe is simple and they stand up well to packaging which makes them great for cookie exchanges, bake sales and parties!Print
- 36 Hershey’s Candy Cane Mint Candy Kisses
- 1/2 cup of butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- in extra sugar for rolling the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Remove all of the wrappers from kisses, and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra sugar, and place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes. After this time press a candy kiss into the middle of the cookies.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Don’t try to wrap or package these cookie too soon. The candy kiss gets very warm after being pressed onto the cookie, and will melt if touched too soon.
Here are a couple of tips for these cookies!
- These cookies are great for cookie exchanges, bake sales and parties because they’re easy to make and stand up well to packaging.
- You can easily double this recipe.
- I wouldn’t recommend freezing these cookies…they’re best enjoyed fresh!
– – – – – – –
These cookies are the best. My most favourite sugar cookie yet…they’re the perfect combination of soft, chewy and buttery. You should make some. 😉
Have a delicious day!
Here are more of my Favourite Christmas Cookies!
Candy Cane Crumble Nutella Cookies
Whipped Vanilla Shortbread
Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies (this post)
Brown Sugar Shortbread
Eggnog Icebox Cookies
Melt-in-your-mouth Sugar Cookies