Not only are these Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies so pretty, they are the softest, chewiest sugar cookie around.
- 36 Hershey’s Candy Cane Mint Candy Kisses
- 1/2 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- in extra sugar for rolling the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Remove all of the wrappers from kisses, and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra sugar, and place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes. After this time press a candy kiss into the middle of the cookies.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Don’t try to wrap or package these cookie too soon. The candy kiss gets very warm after being pressed onto the cookie, and will melt if touched too soon.