- 8 medium sized whole beets, unpeeled
- olive oil
First, boil your beets.
- I boil the beets first because beets are so dense and don’t have much moisture in them that they take sooooo long to roast from raw, and they end up dry. So boiling first is the way to go! When boiling your beets, leave them whole, skin on and everything. This way you can easily peel the skins right off after they have boiled. This saves time and keeps your hands from getting stained if you try to peel them raw. The cooked beet juice will rinse off your hands a whole lot easier than raw beet juice.
- Put the whole beets into a pot of boiling water, and boil for about 30 minutes.
- After the beets have been boiled and peeled, slice them into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices.
- Put them on to a sheet of tin foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Wrap them up in the foil.
- Put them on your BBQ and roast for about 30 minutes.