- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp to 1/2 salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare your baking dish – I like to use a muffin tin. I just give it a light spray with cooking oil (or Pam) and dust with flour. This allows the batter to climb so they are nice and puffy!
- Whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Then whisk in the butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until combined (smooth with a few small lumps). Be careful not to overmix.
- Fill your muffin cups about 2/3 to 3/4 cups full with batter. I find that this batter makes 6-8 good sized popovers. Just remember that if you aren’t filling the whole muffin tin, to fill the empty muffin cups 1/2 full with water.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then at this time, reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Serve right away.