I am working with Hoover over the next year, to test and review some of their home products and I’m pretty excited about that, because I love a clean house! Any opportunity to try out new tools that will help to keep my home clean makes me pretty happy.
Recently I was sent the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner to try out in our home (you may have caught my Instagram story!). And the timing of it’s arrival was perfect! We have a 2 year old puppy and even though she adds a lot of love, she also adds a lot of dirt, especially on to our light carpets.
Aside from the couch (more on that later), our office space is Molly’s favourite place to sleep. And over time this carpet has gotten really dirty…actually I think 5 minutes after the last time I washed the carpets, she came inside with muddy feet. Because of course she did. Dogs. Sigh. Good thing she’s adorable! 😉
Anyway, what better place than here to test out this new Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner!
One of the first things I noticed about this cleaner was how easy it was to assemble, and also how light it was. Carpet cleaners can be SO big and bulky, making them hard to maneuver. But this one felt light weight and it was easy to move. I like this a lot because cleaning carpets is a big and tiring job, so the lighter and easier the machine is, the easier my job is.
But the best feature about this carpet cleaner is what you see in this picture. Look how dirty the water is! And that’s after just one pass though in our office. The water is diiiiiirty, but I like to see this because that means the machine is working. I like the visual result.
Here is what the carpet looked like while it was drying…nice and clean. No spots, no dirt, no grey…just clean.
But what really made me happy, was seeing the carpet in the sunshine…it’s SO clean! It almost looks brand new.
Features of the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner:
- Quick Clean Mode: Your carpets will dry in less than 45 minutes!
- Deep Clean Mode: Lifts and removes deep dirt and stains.
- Wash/Rinse Mode: To remove any solution residue.
- HeatForce™: Resulting in faster drying.
- Antimicrobial SpinScrub® Brush System: Brush system that rotates without damaging your carpet. It’s treated with antimicrobial materials to help prevent odour and bacteria forming in the tool.
- Large Capacity Tanks: Clean more and refill less often!
- Automatic Detergent Mixing: Appropriate combination of detergent and water for optimal cleaning results.
- DualV® Nozzle: Provides strong, equal suction to clean surfaces quickly and evenly.
- Powerful Stain Removal: High performance cleaning solution and strong suction.
- Lightweight: Simple to lift and carry with 4 easy access handles; weighs less than 19 lbs.
- Cleans your carpets quickly!
Where to Purchase:
This cleaner retails for $189.99 CDN and can be purchased at Hoover.ca, Amazon.ca and London Drugs.
Tips and Tidbits:
- Make sure to vacuum your carpet really well before using the carpet cleaner.
- You may have to pass over really dirty areas on the carpet more than once.
- We find that leaving the carpet to dry at least overnight works well, especially if you had to run the machine over dirty areas more than once.
- The machine comes with a sample bottle of carpet cleaner, which was more than enough to clean our office space. But if you are planning on cleaning your whole home, make sure to buy a full size bottle before hand.
Overall, the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner is a really great carpet cleaner. It was easy to use, light weight, and got our carpet really clean. We can’t wait to tackle the rest of our home! And the price is a really good value, considering what you would pay to have someone come in to clean your carpets…this basically pays for itself in less than one cleaning.
Disclosure: Thank you to Hoover Canada for providing me with this carpet cleaner for review! As always, all opinions and statements in this post are my own.