These Pumpkin Biscuits are the perfect addition to your fall soups and stews. They’re delicious served up warm from the oven with loads of butter!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp chilled butter (cut into pieces)
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut in the chilled butter, until it looks like coarse meal, with some pea sized butter pieces remaining.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree and buttermilk.
- Then add the pumpkin/buttermilk mixture to the flour.
- Stir with a fork, but don’t over mix.
- Then turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead into a ball. It is supposed to be lumpy – that’s what makes them so buttery and crumbly!
- Then flatten the ball into a circle disc shape, about 1 inch thick. The disc should be big enough to get 8 biscuits cut out of it.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the disc into 8 pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes.