This Pumpkin Spice Bread is a classic fall recipe! It’s sweet, spicy and so tender!
– – – – – – –
Pumpkin is the epitome of fall! And what a fabulous fruit it is! What other kind of food is so delicious, so nutritious and so decorative! High five to the pumpkin!
For us, fall just hasn’t started and isn’t complete without a pumpkin spice loaf! I love this recipe (adapted from the Joy of Cooking). It’s a no-fail, moist and spicy cake. And you must add raisins. Yum.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the first set of ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a measuring cup stir together milk & vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter. Then add sugars and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs to the butter/sugar mix, adding one egg at a time.
- Then add the pumpkin puree to the egg/butter/sugar mix. Combine.
- Add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix in 3 parts, alternating with the milk mix in 2 parts.
- Fold in raisins.
- Bake for about 1 hour. (an inserted toothpick in the centre, should come out clean.
Adapted from the Joy of Cooking
Pumpkin Spice Loaf Recipe Tips!
- You can use 1 cup of pureed butternut squash instead of pumpkin!
- Adding nuts or raisins boosts the nutrition punch of this loaf.
- Line your pan with parchment or wax paper. It looks pretty, and the loaf slides right out of the pan.
- This bread is amazing on its own, or with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipping cream!
– – – – –
Have a delicious day!