This Pumpkin Spice Bread is a classic fall recipe! It’s sweet, spicy and so tender!
– – – – – – –
Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
Whisk together the first set of ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
In a measuring cup stir together milk & vanilla. Set aside.
In a mixer, cream butter. Then add sugars and mix until creamy.
Add eggs to the butter/sugar mix, adding one egg at a time.
Then add the pumpkin puree to the egg/butter/sugar mix. Combine.
Add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix in 3 parts, alternating with the milk mix in 2 parts.
Fold in raisins.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour. (an inserted toothpick in the centre, should come out clean.
Adapted from the Joy of Cooking
- You can use 1 cup of pureed butternut squash instead of pumpkin!
- Adding nuts or raisins boosts the nutrition punch of this loaf.
- Line your pan with parchment or wax paper. It looks pretty, and the loaf slides right out of the pan.
- This bread is amazing on its own, or with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipping cream!
– – – – –