Pumpkin in all the things! YES. I really truly do love pumpkin and how versatile it is…it’s great in pasta, granola bars, oatmeal and desserts. Don’t forget pumpkin spice lattes (oh my I love these), and porch decor and flower arrangements…I could go on and on! Pumpkin has really become the symbol of autumn hasn’t it? That’s a good thing.
As you can see I like to use pumpkin in so much of my baking and cooking, so nothing is safe from a little pure pumpkin puree before it lands on the table. Even my husband has jumped on board with pumpkin! In fact, he’s the mastermind behind this delicious breakfast.
Remember this photo from Instagram? I just posted it because our breakfast was so delicious and it was just a really nice morning, and I was surprised at the attention it got so I thought maybe I should post the recipe! It really is so very simple and such a great fall breakfast!
Serve this pumpkin french toast with breakfast sausage, fruit and whip cream if you like! Also, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a large crowd, which would make it a perfect Thanksgiving breakfast!
- 2/3 cup milk or heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- bread – we like to use cinnamon raisin bread or my pumpkin bread
- Preheat a skillet or fry pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture, coating each side. If you like your french toast firm, coat your bread quickly. If you like it a little less firm (soggy), soak it (this is how my Dad makes it! So good!).
- Cook on skillet for about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with syrup and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do…we’ve had it for breakfast 4 times now! 🙂
Have a delicious day!