- 2/3 cup milk or heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- bread – we like to use cinnamon raisin bread or my pumpkin bread
- Preheat a skillet or fry pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture, coating each side. If you like your french toast firm, coat your bread quickly. If you like it a little less firm (soggy), soak it (this is how my Dad makes it! So good!).
- Cook on skillet for about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with syrup and enjoy!