With Mother’s Day just around the corner (Sunday, May 13), I thought it would be a great time to rewind and give another great recipe a chance at the spotlight! We always like to have a nice breakfast on Mother’s Day, so I thought this recipe would be perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch! It’s so easy to make, and such a crowd pleaser!
I think it will be on our menu this year! Except that my hubby won’t be home for Mother’s Day this year. It’s just me & the kids…no guilt trip here honey. Nope. None at all. Don’t worry about me. All alone. With the kids. Making my own Mother’s Day breakfast. Sniff. 😉
- 4–6 large croissants
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (1 clamshell)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup granulated sugar
Making the french toast:
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Cut the croissants into halves horizontally. Then dip them into the egg mixture, coating well.
- Cook the croissants on a large non-stick surface until golden brown, making sure to flip half way through (about 2 minutes on each side).
Making the strawberry syrup:
- Cut the strawberries into quarters, and add them to a saucepan with the sugar (add sugar to taste).
- Cook on low-med heat until the mixture is syrup-like, and the strawberries are cooked.
- At this point you can leave the syrup chunky, or puree it. I pureed mine, as we like this better.
Top the croissant french toast with whipped cream, a little powdered sugar and the strawberry syrup!
- For the syrup, you could use frozen strawberries too. Just unthaw them and continue with the recipe.
- Or use any berry you like! I bet raspberries or blueberries would be amazing!