This recipe works for a 18-25 lb turkey. Brining turkey is so easy, and makes the most tender and delicious turkey!
- 28 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups coarse salt
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 bottle dry white wine (Riesling)
- Rinse your turkey, removing all the innards (neck, giblets…). Pat it dry
- Mix 4 cups of the water with the salt, peppercorns, mustard seeds, bay leaves, and coriander.
- Bring to a boil, and stir until all the salt has dissolved. Cool.
- Place turkey in a container large enough to hold it, and all the brine. You can use a stock pot, a cooler, a bucket – whatever, as long as it is clean. And as long as you can clean it (with bleach) after you are done!
- Add remaining water (24 cups), wine, garlic, onions, fresh thyme and cranberries.
- Let your turkey soak in the brine for about 12-24 hours, in the fridge. We did 24.
- You should turn the turkey once during the brining process.