- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Then combine the butter mix and the flour mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
You can make variations and add 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup raisins. And/or you can add 1/4 cup coconut.
If you wish to make them a little more healthy, try 2/3 cup all purpose flour, and 1/3 cup whole wheat flour.