- 1/2 leave acorn squash (cut into 4 wedges ( the peel on))
- 1/2 leave butternut squash (cut into 4 wedges ( the peel on))
- dash olive oil
- 1/2 cup salted butter (at room temperature (not margarine))
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sprigs fresh rosemary (minced (about 2 ))
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean out the squash, and cut them into wedges as mentioned above.
- Place the squash wedges into a baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar and rosemary (it should resemble a paste).
- After the squash has baked for the 20 minutes, remove it from the oven and spread the butter/sugar/rosemary paste onto the squash. Use it all…be generous!
- Place them back into the oven and bake for 30 minutes more, or until the squash is lightly browned and caramelized.
- During the baking process, use a spoon to scoop some of the melted butter/sugar mixture and drizzle it over the squash.
- Serve and enjoy! Make sure to serve the squash with the melted butter/sugar/rosemary sauce…you might even be tempted to soak it up with your dinner buns!
If you wish, you can use just acorn squash, or just butternut squash.
Bake the squash wedges with the peels on, and just have each person scoop out the squash from their wedges at dinner time!