- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp ground sage
- salt & pepper to taste ((I use them generously))
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce ((basically half a can, and just freeze the rest for later))
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
Making the burgers:
- In a bowl combine all the above ingredients.
- Shape into burger patties in the size of your choice. From my experience with using ground turkey, there isn’t much shrinkage during cooking. They are so meaty that they tend to stay pretty much the same size. Bonus!
- Tip! These burgers are best if they have a chance to refrigerate for at least 1 hour or more. This allows for all the flavours to infuse and the burgers to set.
- On a medium to high heat BBQ, cook the burgers until they reach an end point temperature of 165 degrees.
Making the Cranberry Mayo:
- Combine the cranberry sauce and mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
Putting the burgers together:
- Once your burgers are cooked, stuff them in a bun, top them with the cranberry mayonnaise, and other toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomatoes, onions), and enjoy!