This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a perfect weeknight meal. Add all of your favourite baked potato toppings!
- 6 medium sized potatoes (I like to use Yukon Gold)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 L chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a slow cooker, add the chopped potatoes, minced onion, 3 slices of bacon (uncooked), and the 1 L of chicken broth.
- Cook on the LOW setting for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- At about 30 minutes or so before the soup is done cooking in the slow cooker, remove the 3 bacon slices.
- Then using either a potato masher or immersion blender, blend about 3/4 of the soup if you would like it to have some potato chunks. If you would prefer a smooth soup, blend the entire soup.
- Stir in the cream, sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favourite toppings: green onion, bacon bits and more shredded cheese.