Over the holiday season I made the Magic Cookie Bar recipe made famous by a condensed milk company and they were delicious (and I was surprised how quick they were to make)! As soon as I made them the wheels started spinning with how I could alter the recipe and get some marshmallows into them. Because marshmallows. Then my mind wandered over to golden grahams cereal. So I went for it and played with the recipe and came up with these S’more Magic Cookie Bars.
I initially just wanted the marshmallows lightly toasted and the baking time didn’t quite get them the level of toastedness that I wanted so I decided to put the pan under broil for a bit. I watched them toast, then turned my back to check FB or something, then all of a sudden the marshmallows were on the fast track to burnt-dom. Ack! I pulled them out of the oven just in the nick of time, but they were still a little more toasted than I had hoped. BUT it turns out, this extra toastiness was my favourite part of the bar. Delish.
There’s this creamy, sweet layer of deliciousness, then you get a bite full of buttery graham cracker flavour and chunky chocolate and toasted marshmallows. It’s dessert heaven. So you should try these. They’re the best. And this recipe makes A LOT, which makes it perfect for feeding a crowd.Print
- 2 cups ground Golden Grahams cereal (about 4 cups non-ground)
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (300mL)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened (shredded coconut)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor process the Golden Grahams cereal until it is crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the graham crumbs and mix well.
- Press the crumb/butter mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham crumb layer, making sure it’s spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, coconut and mini marshmallows. Press down firmly.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the marshmallows are lightly browned. If you want the marshmallows browned further after the baking time, broil them for about 1 minute – watch very closely so they don’t burn.
- Let the pan cool completely before you cut it into bars.
Adapted from Eagle Brand Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
– – –
I hope you try these…they’re SO good!
More Delicious S’mores Recipes:
Have a delicious day!