Hi friends! We made it to day #5 of Christmas Cookie week!
Whew, am I exhausted…but it’s a good kind of exhausted! I’ve enjoyed every minute of putting together these posts for you! Ok, well maybe not all the mess I’ve created…my house pretty much fell apart this week, but what’s a gal to do when she’s baking! My daughter had a friend over yesterday, and it always seems to be the days I’m immersed in a project of some sort, so I’m sure her friends think we live in the messiest house ever. Oh well. There’s love here. And mess.
But who cares about the mess when there are warm Soft & Chewy Ginger Cookies fresh from the oven waiting for you! These tasty little cookies definitely are soft and chewy and deliciously gingery!
- 3/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated (fresh peeled ginger)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- pinch salt
- cup Extra sugar for rolling (about 1/4)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the egg, molasses and fresh ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and roll them in the 1/4 cup sugar, until coated.
- Place the balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Lightly flatten the tops using a cup.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. If you like them chewy, bake them on the lesser side. When they are done you will notice that the tops will crack slightly and the edges of the cookies will appear firm, and the centres will appear slightly soft.
- Cool on wire racks.
These cookies were a big hit with my kids! They even told me that they tasted just like the Ginger cookies at Starbucks…now that’s a compliment I tell you! My kids go crazy over those cookies!
– – – – – – – – – – – –
I hope you have enjoyed this cookie week! In cased you missed my first 4 recipes, here they are:
– – – – – – – – – – – –
Don’t forget there is more cookie inspiration waiting for your from these great bakers that I teamed up with this week!
Angie from Echoes of Laughter
Julie from Sober Julie
Stacey from This Lil’ Piglet
Joann from Woman In Real Life
Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life In The Suburbs
Grace from Sense & Simplicity
Donna From An Anglo In Quebec
Ricki Jill from Art@Home
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –