Today I decided to tackle the windows.
And this task in itself, is major. So daunting in fact that I will only clean 2 windows a day until they are all done, starting on my main floor. It’s just too mind numbing to clean blinds. Gawd awful really, and I just can’t spend the time doing them all at once. So during my precious nap time (not my nap unfortunately, I wish though!), I got to work.
Work now, fun later. I promised myself a manicure after all this is done!
- First I washed all of our curtains. Mine are machine washable, so I put 2 panels in our washer at a time, and washed them in cold water.
- Then I dried them in the dryer for 30 minutes on medium heat, just until they were almost dry. I find it easier to iron them when they are slightly damp.
- Because they are cotton/linen curtains, I ironed on high heat, with a lot of steam.
I wiped all my window sills with the water, soap & vinegar solution that I made for cleaning the blinds. Just make sure to wipe your sills after you clean the windows & blinds!
But I did find a nifty little cleaning tool to help me out. I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it does! I found it at the dollar store of all places!
- I filled a sink with hot water, a little bit of dish soap, and about a cup of vinegar.
- Then wet the cloth on my little blind cleaner and got to work.
- Clean, clean, rinse, rinse…zzzzzzzzzz….oh oops…clean, clean…….
- I can only handle 2 big sets of blinds a day. Makes it manageable. Good times. Yes. Good times.
Back tomorrow for floor cleaning! Got myself a handy dandy new mop! Can’t wait to use it! Simple pleasures right?!
|Just ’cause it’s funny.|