After last week, I needed a break from all my cleaning! I was exhausted on the weekend, and my hands needed some major TLC (Right now they look about 20 years older than I actually am). There was a reason I gave myself the month to get everything done – I would have given up by now thinking I had to have it all done in 3 days. Just not possible!
But it’s time for me to get back at it, so I tackled a couple of easy things! The living room and lighting.
|This is how my house looked when I had a friend drop by!
I always seem to be in the middle of a messy project when she comes by,
she must think I never have a clean house! 😉
- I removed all the cushions, and vacuumed away all the popcorn!
- Then I took off the cushion covers, which are machine washable, and threw them in the washer with cold water, and dried them on low heat in the dryer.
- They came out fresh smelling, and back to their original shape! The couch looks brand new again!
- All of my couch throw pillow covers are machine washable, so in they went. Washed in cold water, tumbled dry on low heat. I had to iron them, but now they look brighter and smell fresh!
- I also took the pillow inserts outside and banged them together to get the dust out.
- It was a good time to clean my couch throw blankets too. Into the washer for a good cleaning they went.
- Check to see if all of your light bulbs are working! This part seems so obvious and silly, but I was surprised by how many I had to replace, and didn’t even realize. 8 my friends. Yes 8! Let there be light!
- This is a good time to clean the ceiling light covers too. Get rid of the dust and dead buggies! A wash in soapy water & vinegar will get them shiny clean again.
- Pull out your vacuum and upholstery attachment, then vacuum all of your lamp shades. It’s amazing how much dust they collect!