- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 – 3 tbsp sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 3 cups ice
- juice from 1 large lime
- 1 1/2 cups Fresita
- 2 oz of tequila (optional)
- slice Lime
- slice Strawberry
- 1 cup sugar for rim
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
Prepping the margarita glasses:
- On a plate combine the sugar and salt.
- Rub the rim of each margarita glass with lime and use the sugar/salt mix to rim the glasses.
Making the drink:
- To a blender add the ice, sparkling wine, tequila (if using), sugar, lime juice and fresh strawberries. Blend to the desired slush consistency.
- Fill each prepared margarita glass and garnish with a slice of lime and a slice of strawberry.
You may need to add more sugar, depending on how naturally sweet the strawberries you use are! Adjust to taste preference! Also, I loved my drink without the tequila!