Strawberry, Rhubarb and Apple Galette. This easy and delicious dessert recipe can be on your table in under one hour. All you need is a pre-made frozen puff pastry crust and some seasonal fruit.
- 1 – 12x12 inches sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 5 cups combined cut strawberries (rhubarb and apples)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- extra sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry or raspberry or apricot jelly for glazing
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet, with a piece of parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the parchment paper (I actually used icing sugar instead of flour), then roll out the puff pastry to loosely form a circle shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect, this is a rustic pie remember! Set aside.
- Cut up the strawberries, rhubarb, and apples. (I like to peel my apples). Cut the fruit into small chunks.
- Place the fruit into a bowl, and mix it with the sugar and cornstarch and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Then pile the fruit mixture onto the centre of the pastry.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over to cover the outer edge of the fruit pile. Overlap as needed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg and 1 tbsp of water. Then using this mixture, brush the pastry.
- Sprinkle the extra sugar on to the pastry. Sometimes I like to use a cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Place the pie into the oven, then immediately TURN DOWN the heat to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- When the pie is done baking, remove it from the oven, and now it is time to add the glaze.
- Heat up the jelly for about 30 seconds in the microwave, then brush it onto the fruit in the pie (don’t brush the crust).
- Let your pie sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve slightly warm with ice cream or whipping cream!