It’s finally spring, and warm here! Whoot! Is it really possible that BBQ season may be here to stay? Is winter really over? But who am I trying to kid? BBQ season in our home is all year round!
Summer is the yummiest time of year…steaks, salads, corn on the cob…yummy! So that brings me around to my Summer Salads Series, where I want to feature some salads we love around here, starting with Caesar Salad! Our uber-fave!
This Caesar Salad recipe is from my Grandma, with the only difference being that I make ours without an egg. I just can’t feed my family raw egg, so instead I read about a little trick using mayonnaise. The only thing I don’t love about this method, is that the dressing doesn’t blend together as creamily (is that even a word?) as it would with the egg. It’s still super delish!
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp mayonnaise (optional (it’s great without it too))
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash Tabasco sauce
- salt & pepper
- Put all ingredients into the blender. Blend very well.
- Toss with Romaine lettuce just before serving.
- Top with croutons.
- And have extra parmesan cheese and lemon wedges ready on the side!
Option: My mom made this recipe and left out the mayo (and egg) altogether! And I think I like it better like that!
My husband will laugh that I said to serve with croutons. He never gets croutons. I never serve them. Oops. They just seem like extra calories or something to me! I would prefer to eat more garlic toast! Anyway, make sure you have a mint ready. This dressing may haunt you shortly after consumption!