This is my favourite green salad of all time…every time I eat this salad, I am whisked away, back to my childhood. Memories of warm summers, fresh greens, gardens and family.
And I have also since discovered that this recipe was one of my Grandpa’s favourites. Making it even more special. I hope you enjoy it!
I was asking my Mom about the exact recipe for this dressing, since I have always just made it to-taste, and I guess that is the recipe. To taste. Sometimes those recipes from memory truly are the best ones. But I will try to make it a little more clear for you than that! 😉
Simple Green Salad:
- fresh green lettuce (freshly picked from the garden is the best!)
- chopped fresh green onions (these are a must – the flavour that they add is so amazing this salad)
- you can also add apples and tomatoes
Simple Mayo Dressing:
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- Whip the mayo, milk and sugar together, until creamy.
- Adjust the flavour to your taste.
More Salads you might enjoy:
Savour the flavour!