Well this is new territory for me! I bought a bag of dried sprouted beans from Costco, because the bag was pretty. True. I am a sucker for packaging. But, I also like to try new things. These particular beans, are from truRoots, who also sell quinoa at Costco for a really reasonable price! Yum!
So it’s a really big bag and I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do with it. We ate them plain as a side dish with butter, I liked it, the kids did not. So I thought I would try again, and make the salad recipe they had on the package and it was really good! My kids even liked it. As in, went for seconds liked it.
This salad is hearty enough it could stand alone as a meal.
- 1 cup sprouted beans (I use truRoots: lentils (mung and adzuki beans))
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 2/3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumbers in chunks
- 1/2 cup red or yellow peppers
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin (more if you like it…I used 1 tsp)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl.
(adapted from truRoots)
But I will warn you, use caution with how much you eat in one setting. It may or may not cause some bubbly tummy action…just sayin’
More Salads you might enjoy:
Have a delicious day!