- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- grated zest from 2 limes
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 – 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice, leftover rice 1-2 days old is best
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- Sriracha sauce
- In a large bowl mix together the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and coconut milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add the chicken making sure it is submerged.
- Marinate for 4 to 12 hours. Overnight is best for maximum flavour!
- Once the chicken has marinated, add the chicken and the marinade to a deep skillet or saucepan, and poach the chicken until it is cooked thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- Then cut the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces, or shred it. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, over med-high heat, saute the garlic and green onions in little bit of oil. Saute about 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the soy sauce together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot frying pan. The eggs should fluff up as they cook. Stir them to cook them quickly.
- Add the rice and the cooked chicken and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the red peppers, carrots and frozen peas, and cook until the veggies are heated through.