- 1 lb sweet potato or yam (peeled & grated)
- 1 onion (grated)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Clubhouse Rice Flour
- Clubhouse Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Combine the grated sweet potato, grated onion, and lime juice. Put the mixture into a towel and squeeze out all the moisture.
- Then put the sweet potato mixture into a bowl and add the eggs, green onions, ginger, cilantro, chili sauce, rice flour and salt & pepper to taste. Combine.
There are 2 ways you can cook these:
- You can cook them in a frying pan, using 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying OR
- We like to use a pancake griddle, and lightly spray it with cooking oil. This method uses a fraction of the oil, and works just as well!
Now it’s time to cook them:
- Just scoop large spoonfuls of mix (about 2 tbsp), and flatten them with a spatula.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- If you want to make the whole batch up at the same time, put the cooked latkes in a 300 degree oven until dinner time!
Don’t make the latkes too big, or they won’t cook properly.