This Turnip Puff (Rutabaga Puff) is a delicious side dish to be enjoyed any time of year!
- 3 cups hot mashed rutabaga (About 1 large sized rutabaga)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cook, then mash your rutabaga. If you like, you can use a hand blender to puree it so it is nice and smooth (I actually prefer this method).
- Stir in the 3 tbsp butter.
- Beat in the 2 eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the flour mix to the rutabaga mix and mix well. Then add to a 2 L casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp of butter and add the bread crumbs. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb/butter mix on top of the rutabaga mix.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, until brown and hot.