So I am dedicating the in-limbo month of April, to my spring cleaning task. I’m going to spread it out over the month, tackling one thing at a time on my list. And I’m starting tomorrow. I’m going to try to write a bit about it on my blog every day so I can hold myself accountable, and maybe inspire someone else to make their home shine bright for spring!
|And this is how I will dress for the task at hand. Not.|
- Replace burnt out bulbs (believe it or not, we often leave burnt out bulbs too long!)
- Clean all ceiling light fixtures, with vinegar & water solution.
- Dust lamp shades, using vacuum.
- Wash curtains.
- Wash blinds.
- Wash windowsills.
- Clean indoor windows.
- Hire someone to wash windows outside.
- Put window screens back in.
- Wash high chair (I’m actually dreading this the most!)
- Wash kitchen chair cushions.
- Clean garburator.
- Descale coffee pot.
- Clean fridge.
- Wipe down kitchen cupboards.
- Clean out cupboard under the kitchen sink.
Click here to go to a more detailed post on cleaning the living room.
- Wash living room cushion covers and throws.
Whole Home Duties
- Wash floors.
- Thorough dusting. Including lamp shades and books and book shelves.
- Replace furnace filter & vent filters.
- Wash base boards.
- Wipe down walls.
- Wipe down railings.
- Have carpets cleaned.
- Purge! And donate!
- Clean washer (or maybe get a new one?! Cross my fingers!)
- Put away most winter items.
- Organize garage.