These Tipsy Cheese & Cherry Crostinis are a perfect summer appetizer! Made with fresh seasonal cherries and a flavourful Swiss like cheese.
- 1 cup fresh cherries, cut in half and pits removed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 block of Gunn’s Hill Tipsy Cheese
- 1 baguette
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Mix together the water and cornstarch.
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat, add the halved cherries, water/cornstarch mix, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook until the cherries are soft and the juices turn syrupy.
- Once the cherries are cooked, set them aside to cool.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices. If you wish, you can toast the slices or leave them fresh, it’s entirely up to you!
- Lay the baguette slices out on a serving platter, add slices of the Tipsy Cheese, then add dollops of the cherry mixture to each crostini.
- Drizzle with extra cherry syrup, add salt & fresh ground pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Category: Appetizer