Soup is such a fantastic meal during these dark and cold nights. Soup is comfort food at it’s best, especially when you serve up a bowl with warm crusty bread and butter. So delicious. I love having soup simmering on the stove at dinner time, because the house smells amazing and feels so cozy. When I have a pot going I find my family always drifts to the kitchen to find out what’s on the menu. And when I tell them soup, they’re always excited for dinner!
I’m soup-er excited to share this Tortellini Vegetable Soup recipe with you because it’s definitely a crowd pleaser! The broth is flavourful, the tortellini delicious and you can add any vegetables that you and your family love! I love a recipe that can be tailored to your own tastebuds.
I used cheese tortellini for this particular batch of soup, but spinach or mushroom tortellini would be delicious too! When I make this again I’m definitely going to try spinach tortellini…mmmm…my mouth is watering just thinking of it! Oh, and did I mention you can have this on the table in less than an hour? Even better!Print
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small/medium zucchini (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 4 medium tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 2 cups fresh cheese tortellini (uncooked)
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Large saucepan saute the onions, carrots and garlic in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add the oregano, basil, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a light boil.
- Then add the zucchini, tomatoes and tortellini, and bring to a light boil again.
- Then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini are tender.
Offer parmesan cheese to be sprinkled on the soup just before serving. Delicious!
– – – –
Just a simple broth, tonnes of hearty vegetables and yummy tortellini! SO good!
Have a delicious day!