This recipe is from Chef Michael Smith
- 8 oz of dark chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Melt chocolate and butter in indirect heat. I just put a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (see picture below).
- Stir constantly. When melted, whisk until smooth. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla to chocolate mix. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour mix and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a lightly buttered and floured 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.