One of my favourite indulgences is Vanilla Bean Sugar.
I discovered this little treasure last Christmas, and I have been using it in my kitchen ever since!
This simple duo is great in coffee, on cereal, or sprinkled on muffins and loaves.
I made a new batch this morning, and because it’s
so easy and so yummy, I just had to share it with you!
It would make a great gift too!
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Slide your knife down the length of the vanilla bean, making sure not to cut through the bean. All you want to do is open it up length wise.
- Then cut the bean lengthwise in to about 3 or 4 pieces.
- For my sugar, I don’t scrape out the middle, I just open the bean up and put it directly into the sugar. (I like the flecks of vanilla)
- Cover up the vanilla bean pieces, let sit for a day or so, and stir occasionally.
- If you are using the centres of the vanilla beans in other recipes, like Vanilla Bean Whipped Shortbread, you can just use the empty bean shell to flavour your sugar.
- This sugar is fabulous in coffee, on cereal or toast and sprinkled on muffins and loaves.
- It makes a great gift too!
Have yourself a cozy fall day!