Good day! Welcome to a fun event! Today there are 9 of us hosting a virtual progressive Thanksgiving dinner! Dig in…you are going to discover a lot of inspiration!
As part of this progressive dinner, I’m serving up a Butternut Squash Puff! This recipe is a twist to a family favourite that you can find almost every year on our Thanksgiving table…Turnip Puff (trust me, it’s divine!). But this year I wanted to try something different with one of my favourite vegetables…Butternut Squash. This dish is creamy, rich and so full of flavour! Delish!Print
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (divided (see Notes))
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- dash ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer combine the butternut squash, cream cheese, brown sugar, egg, ginger, salt & pepper and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Add to a 1 L baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter and remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture onto the squash mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Kraft
So if you are looking for something a little different for your Thanksgiving dinner, this dish is it!
Thanksgiving Dinner Menu:
- Traditional Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy
- Traditional Baked Stuffing
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Brown Sugar & Rosemary Squash Wedges
- Braided Squash Crescent (Bread)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pickles, Olives
- Pumpkin Pie with Vanilla Whip Cream
- Pecan Pie
Now it’s time for the next course! Head on over to The Sisters Cafe (just click on the door) for the next course! (you can even show up in your jammies…no one will know…)
And before you go, you can visit the rest of the contributor’s to today’s Progressive Dinner and see what’s on their table! You will find a lot of inspiration for your Thanksgiving dinner preparation!
Have a delicious day!