which let me tell you, is a feat in itself!
It’s meaty, cheesy and noodly! (is noodly a word? It is now…)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 – 454 g package of Italian sausage
- 1 – 454 g package of Italian ground sausage
- 1 – 398 mL can crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 398 mL can tomato sauce (not spiced)
- 1 tsp oregano
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream (half & half)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large package of fresh ravioli (I used spinach & cheese, about 700g)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Brown onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut sausage into bite size slices, then add along with the ground sausage, to the onion mix. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and pepper.
- Stir in cream and milk.
- Put ravioli into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (until bubbly)
– If you don’t like sausage, I’m sure ground beef would work too. And you could probably use less meat if you wanted.
– You could double this recipe, and make 2 casseroles. One for dinner. And one for the freezer for another busy night.