Well we’ve got just over 1 week until back to school! It’s amazing how this time of year comes so quickly. One minute it’s a smoking hot summer, and literally the next there’s that fall feeling in the air. I love fall, but I hate to see summer go because I love the heat, and I love summer parties outdoors with friends!
This past weekend we hosted a wine tasting party, which was a really nice way to celebrate the end of summer. It was an evening of fantastic friends, great wine, and fabulous food!
One of the appetizers I served was this White Wine Cilantro Lime Shrimp. The thing I love about this dish are all the juices that you can sop up with toasted chunks of bread. So, soooooo good!
- 1 lb shrimp (deveined (and if you wish, remove the tails – we like them on))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- juice from 3 limes
- zest from 1 or 2 of the limes
- 1/4 white wine (more if you like – just add to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, soften onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add red pepper flakes, oregano, tomatoes, lime juice and zest, white wine and salt & pepper.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Then add the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink.
- Add the cilantro and mix in right before serving.
Recipe adapted from Never Enough Thyme.
White Wine Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe Tips:
- This dish can be served as either an appetizer or a meal.
- And it’s best served with chunks of toasted bread, to soak up all the delicious juices!
- Or if you wish, serve over rice for a meal.
In case you are interested, this is the menu from our Late Summer Dinner Party, which includes links to all the recipes (I’m going to update those without links as I post them!).
Late Summer Dinner Party Menu
- Baked Brie with Hot to Trot Summer Peach Chutney
- White Wine Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Three Tomato Bocconcini Bruschetta
Have a delicious day!