This easy to assemble Zucchini Bake makes a delicious side dish! It’s a great way to use up this plentiful summer vegetable!
– – – – –
It’s zucchini season…that’s such a thing right? Zucchini zucchini everywhere! And you might be wondering what to do with it all. The great thing about this veggie is that it is so versatile…you can use it in baking, and you can use it in savoury dishes, it just blends in so nicely with many flavours.
One of my most favourite zucchini recipes is this savoury Zucchini Bake that my Mom used to make for us growing up. I loved it then, and I love it now. And now I’m making it for my family. In fact, I made it last night for dinner, and when I posted this picture on Instagram, right away many of you said you were looking forward to the recipe! So today I’m happy to share!
This is such an easy side dish to put together any day of the week!
It’s not a complicated dish at all, in fact the recipe calls for a pre-made biscuit mix. And if you don’t want to use a bought mix, you can substitute it with your favourite homemade biscuit mix.
Anyway, this dish is so good. I look forward to making it all summer long. I hope you love it as much as we do!Print
- 3 cups thin sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (about 1 small onion)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (like Lowry’s)
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs until they are fairly smooth.
- Add the vegetable oil, salt, Bisquick and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the sliced zucchini, chopped onions, minced garlic, parsley, oregano, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the zucchini mixture and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan, or I like to use a 9 inch round baking dish.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Zucchini zucchini everywhere! If you’ve got more zucchini that you know what to do with, try some of these recipes:
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Loaf/Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Zucchini Skillet
- Zucchini Fritters
- Tomato, Basil & Zucchini Goat Cheese Tart