These Zucchini Bread Pancakes are a delicious way to use up any extra zucchini you have around! They’re hearty and SO good!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour (if you want you can use 1/2 cup all purpose (and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour))
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (a Balkan or Greek works great (or even sour cream))
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup small zucchini (grated (about 1 ))
- Grate the zucchini. Then between a towel, squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine the yogurt, milk, eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry. Combine.
- On a low to medium heat preheated griddle, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake.
- Serve with syrup or a cinnamon/sugar mix.
I used a small zucchini for this recipe. My thoughts on this are: the more zucchini you use, and the less you wring it out, the more mushy your pancakes will be. So the amount of zucchini you use, is up to you. If you would like them more dry, I would suggest half of a small zucchini.