You know what’s funny? I’ve always said I’m not a salad person, yet some of my most favourite dishes are salads..like caprese salad, potato salad, pasta salad. So I guess I finally have to admit that I’m a salad person. I’m even starting to love green salads more. I love the freshness of real ingredients, especially when you can find them fresh off a farm or from a farmer’s market. And this salad is one of those…if you can get the tomatoes for this recipe, fresh right off the plant, the flavour is out of this world. Is there anything better than a tomato right from the plant?
Anyway, let me tell you about this salad. Oh this salad, it’s so full of flavour. Healthy and delish! I could seriously eat it every day, and I wonder why I don’t make it more often. It’s great on its own for lunch, or served up alongside BBQ roasted chicken or ribs. Seriously yum.
It reminds me of something you’d share with friends over a little glass of wine on a warm and sunny patio. I’m dreaming of those days…I know they’re coming…slowly but surely they’ll come. For now, I’ll sit in a little sunny corner of my home and enjoy the scrumptiousness.
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced red onion
- 3 - 5 mini tomatoes, sliced (I like to use the small multi-coloured ones)
- ¼ cup baby kale
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- juice from ¼ lemon
- splash olive oil
- splash white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- On a serving plate assemble the tomatoes, onions, kale, cilantro and avocado.
- Splash with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
The great thing about salads is that you can make them to suit your tastes. Add a little of this, or a little of that…sometimes all we need is a little inspiration to come up with your own recipe. Enjoy.
For more delicious recipes, visit these links from my #FridayRecipeClub:
- Celery Apple Salad by Mommy Moment
- BLT Pasta Salad by My Organized Chaos
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Simply Stacie
- Classic Tuna Pasta Salad by Family Food and Travel
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad by Frugal Mom Eh
- Dragon Fruit Salad by Sober Julie
- Taco Salad in a Bag by My 3 Little Kittens
Sharing with Link Party Palooza