Yay it’s Friday! And that means it’s time for our #FridayRecipeClub! This week our theme is tomatoes…did you know that it’s National Fresh Tomato Day on April 6? Well now you do. And that deserves some dip don’t you think? 😉
This is the worlds easiest dip right here. That’s right.
This Baked Cheesy Tomato Caprese Dip is a 10 minute, 5 ingredient dip. You barely have time to cut the bread for it by the time it’s done. And let me tell you, it will disappear in less time than it took you to make it in the first place. It’s SO good. My littlest even liked it and he hates tomatoes…ok, he just dipped his bread around the tomatoes, but he liked that, so that works.
A 10 minute, 5 ingredient dip. Serve it with slices of bread or crackers or just use a spoon. We won’t judge.
- 6 round slices of Provolone cheese
- 4 small/medium tomatoes (I used vine ripened tomatoes)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling or dipping
- crusty bread, crackers for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and add them to a bowl.
- Drain any extra tomato juice.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped basil, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- In a small baking dish lay out 2 slices of the Provolone cheese.
- Add half of the tomato mixture to the baking dish.
- Add 2 more slices of cheese, then the remaining tomatoes.
- Rip up the remaining 2 slices of cheese and sprinkle it on top of the tomatoes, and tuck in to any spaces you want extra cheese!
- Bake for about 5 minutes...watch it carefully so as not to burn it!
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers!
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking
– – – – – – – – – –
This is the cheesiest, most delicious dip. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. It’s a definite repeater just based on it’s flavour, but also because it’s so easy for entertaining. Easy is key. I hope you try it!
Here are more delicious tomato recipes from our Friday Recipe Club:
- Roasted Tomato Soup by Sober Julie
- Chicken Tomato Herb Pasta by My 3 Little Kittens
- Homemade Salsa by Mommy Moment