It’s blueberry season! This means there are blueberries everywhere in markets, and they are cheap so I buy them by the bucket loads. Blueberries for snacks, blueberries in pancakes, cakes, pies and salads…yum! Honestly this is one of my most favourite parts of summer, and I look forward to it every year…being able to eat fruit like it’s candy is the best.
And when it’s fruit season, this also means it’s pie season. Yes, there is a season for pie, didn’t you know? Fresh fruit pies…are there any better desserts out there? How about a blueberry pie served with vanilla ice cream. I die. I could eat the whole thing, seriously.
Slightly warm blueberry pie with a tender flaky crust and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. That right there is summer on a plate my friends.
I’ve just started making my fruit pies with a lattice and have discovered that I really really like making them this way. Don’t be intimidated by the lattice, because they are very simple to put together. And the more you make them, the more fancy you’ll get. I’m a little more confident pulling one off, but I’m not at the Martha Stewart level yet…one day.
Now let’s eat pie!
If you’re as blueberry crazy as I am right now, I’ve got more great blueberry recipe links here for your eating pleasure! Enjoy!
For more of my delicious blueberry recipes try these:
- 2 Ingredient Blueberry Jam
- Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
- Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- Blueberry Turnovers
For more delicious blueberry recipes try these from my friends:
- Blueberry & Quinoa Salad with Flax Lemon Vinaigrette by Frugal Mom Eh
- Homemade Blueberry Mint Tea by Mommy Moment
- Blueberry Ice Cream by This Lil Piglet
- Blueberry Cheese Tarts by Simply Stacie
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes by My Organized Chaos
- Blueberry Passionfruit Margaritas by Family Food and Travel
- Blueberry Smoothie by Sober Julie
– – – – – – – – – –