Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Penne. Just think about that for a second…yummmm…noodles, jalapenos and cheeeeeese. You don’t want to miss this recipe, it’s what’s for dinner!
Our family loves macaroni & cheese in any way, shape or form. So when I saw that Kraft has a new addition that combines the convenience and softness of their shredded cheese, with the creaminess of their Philadelphia cream cheese to create Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia, I just knew I had to incorporate it into a cheesy noodle dish. So I did. And let me tell you, this new cheese blend delivers a soft and creamy melt that you’ll never forget.
The Kraft cheese blends come in 3 different flavours: Creamy Mozza, Creamy Herb & Garlic and Creamy Mexicana. For this baked penne I used the Creamy Mexicana of course!
Mmmm, look how creamy this Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Penne is! My kids loved this dish…they were sold at creamy.
What I love most about this cheese blend is that it’s so convenient: shredded cheese with a touch of cream cheese combined into one step. Easy, delicious and creamy…have to love that!
Did I mention creamy?! This is such a flavourful and oh-so-cheesy dinner that you can have on your table in under 1 hour!!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (or rice flour)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 pkg of Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 3 slices of bread, made into bread crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- pickled Jalapeno pepper slices for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heavy pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, whisk in the flour until it is fully combined.
- Whisk in the whole milk, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the dry mustard, and chopped Jalapeno peppers.
- Add the Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia, and stir constantly until the cheese has melted. Set aside.
- Cook the penne pasta until it is al dente. Then drain and add the noodles to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add the cheese mixture to the penne and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, then sprinkle them evenly over the pasta. Top with a few pickled Jalapeno pepper slices as a garnish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pasta is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Yumsugar
More recipe inspiration:
You should visit the Kraft Canada website to see more yummy and scrumptious recipe ideas that include Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia and the Melt you won’t forget!
Kraft Canada Twitter Party:
Kraft Canada is hosting the What’s Cooking Twitter Party on Wednesday, April 16 at 9:00pm EST, and you’re invited! Just follow along with @KraftCanada and the hashtag #TouchofPhillyCheese
For more delicious cheesy recipes visit this scrumptious board on Pinterest!