|* Sandwiches by me, photo by my friend, Tere. *|
|– – –
I don’t love crunchy candy in my cookies, but the kids love the Smarties in them!
– – –
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Smarties (or what ever candy you like) for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mix to sugar mix, and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For regular cookies, drop 1 heaping tbsp of batter onto cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- For larger cookies for ice-cream sandwiches, drop a heaping 2 tbsp mound of batter onto the cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes. Watch carefully. They are best when still a bit soft and chewy.
- Cool cookies completely.
- You can assemble your ice cream sandwiches about 2-3 days ahead of time.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup ice cream between 2 cookies.
- Decorate edges with Smarties (or what ever candy you like)
– – –
– – –