Is it just me or are you over winter? Over it. It’s officially the doldrums of winter. But I’m trying not to think about it and carry on…spring will be here soon enough. And I have to admit, I am feeling refreshed and inspired after a beautiful and relaxing spa weekend with friends. I’m still smelling tropical flowers and dreaming of massages…I could get used to that life! ;) I can’t wait to tell you all about it, but that’s for another day. So for now, I will power on through our very wintery winter.
And I will start putting lemons in ALL the things. It’s that time of year where I start craving lemons. Every single year. There is something so summery and refreshing and inspiring about lemons don’t you think? Lemon loaves, lemon tarts, lemonade, even lemons at dinner! Lemons all the time.
They’re like little balls of sunshine. And they taste like that too. So when the lemon urge struck once again, I made an Easy Lemon Mousse (which I first shared over at Whipperberry).
Easy Lemon Mousse
5 ingredients. 5 minutes. fresh. delicious.
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream, not pre-whipped)
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature (1/2 block)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest and juice from one fresh lemon
- ¼ cup sugar
- fresh berries: blueberries, strawberries or raspberries
- Using a mixer whip the cream until it is stiff and peaks form. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer cream together the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until the mixture is smooth.
- Then gently fold in the whipping cream, and stir until combined.
- Transfer to pretty serving dishes and garnish with fresh berries and lemon zest.
- – - – - – - -
This dessert is so simple to make. And I bet it would be good with any kind of citrus fruit…oranges or grapefruits or limes. Hmmm I just might have to try a different combo!
This recipe is the perfect winter pick me up and I hope you enjoy it!