- To make the pillow, I used an old wool sweater for the fabric. You may remember this sweater from my Cozy Fall Yarn Wreath post. It was a fabulous sweater belonging to my hubs, but I shrunk it. By accident, I swear! But now it’s a lovely pillow and yarn wreath!
- I used a rectangular down filled pillow insert, and used this as the shape of my pillow.
- Basically I just fitted the sweater around the pillow insert, and cut the material to fit.
- To make things easier for me, I left one side of the sweater uncut, so I only ended up having to sew 3 sides. Sewing the two longest sides first, then stuffing the pillow cover, and sewing up the end.
- Now on to the Sunflower embellishment…
What you need:
1 sheet of gold felt
Another material in a different colour.
Making the petals:
Cut out one 2 inch circle for the base of the flower.
Cut out 7 gold petals for the first layer of the flower.
Cut out 7 rust petals for the next layer.
Cut out 7, 2 inch strips of gold felt for the next layer.
Cut out 5 smaller gold petals for the next layer.
Cut out 3 smaller rust petals for the next layer
For the centre of the flower, please refer to my dahlia tutorial.
You can either glue, sew or pin the flower on to the pillow.
I chose to pin it on with a safety pin, in case I get tired of the flower, and want to switch it up!
What are you making today?