Just in time for the weekend I thought it would good to post a corn on the cob recipe because weekends are for BBQing right?! Now I know corn on the cob is not complicated by any means, but sometimes it’s not complicated enough? I mean until I put fresh cilantro and lime juice on my corn, I had no idea what I was missing. My husband was skeptical of the lime juice but quickly changed his mind after eating these. Oh the lime…it seriously takes this corn to the next level. Major deliciousness!
And grilling corn on the BBQ? The best. And so easy. The butter and herbs soak into the corn as it roasts, and makes the corn so flavourful and sweet. But I pretty much love any vegetables that are roasted because the flavour seems to be so much better. Like roasted cauliflower? The best. Or roasted beets or asparagus or potatoes? Yum. Hungry yet?
This corn is SO good. You need to try it with the lime juice…you do.
- 6 cobs of corn, husks & silk removed
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- pinch of brown sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup melted butter
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- extra cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your BBQ to medium heat.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with the cilantro, brown sugar, and salt & pepper.
- Place each cob of corn in it's own sheet of tin foil.
- Brush each cob of corn generously with the cilantro/butter mix.
- To the corn cobs, add the juice from the lime, evenly distributing it between the 6 cobs.
- Wrap each cob tightly in the tin foil.
- Place the corn cobs onto the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, making sure to turn the cobs often or they will burn.
- When they are done, you can sprinkle a little fresh cilantro on the cobs and serve!
- – - -
Here are more delicious corn recipes:
- Polenta Crostini 3 Ways by Frugal Mom Eh
- Mexican Chicken Tamales by Family Food and Travel
- Basil Butter Roasted Corn on the Cob by me
- Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob by me
- Basil & Corn Cakes with Tomato Avocado Salsa by me
- Creamy Corn Bisque by me
- Corn & Bean Salad by me
Have a delicious day!