Happy September everyone!
It’s officially fall in my mind, and that’s a good thing! That means apples, pumpkins, peaches, corn, pumpkin spice lattes…they’re all fair game over here! Time to hit the farmers markets!
Ahhh, don’t you just love seasonal fruit & veggies? The markets are overflowing with so much amazing produce, and every time I go shopping I have this desire to stock up! I want to freeze, can, bake and cook everything in sight! I feel this way every year at harvest time. So I just kind of go with it, and use fresh produce as much as I can!
Right now I’m loving peaches. Peaches everything. Peach Jam, Peach Crisp, Peach Pie, Peach Apricot Pie…you name it. And yes, even for dinner! I love fruit served along side meats in the forms of salsas and chutneys. Pork and chicken especially pair well with fruits like peaches. So when I came across this recipe I just knew it was going to be scrumptious! And it is!
Grilled Pork Chops with Ginger Peach Chutney
This is a really easy dinner that you can even whip up on a busy week night and have on your table in under 1 hour!
Simple. Fresh. Delicious.
- 4 - 6 pork chops
- 2 peaches, peeled & chopped
- 1 - 3 inch chunk of fresh ginger, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 large sprig of fresh thyme
- salt & ground pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the peaches, ginger, onion, sugar, thyme and salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally to help break down the peaches.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, remove the chutney from the heat, remove the ginger and thyme and set aside.
- Preheat your BBQ to a medium-high heat.
- Add your chops, and season to your liking (we like to just add seasoning salt).
- Grill for about 6 minutes per side or until the juices run clear. The internal temperature of the chops should be 160 degrees.
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking
What are you loving right now? Are you stocking up on harvest produce? Don’t you just love this time of year!
Have a delicious day!