Hi! Welcome back to another scrumptious Friday! Did you know that it’s National Grilled Cheese Day tomorrow? Yes there’s such a thing. Thank goodness for the internet or we’d never know about these things! 😉
And we all have had a grilled cheese in some way, shape or form…and the more grilled cheese I have, the more I realize I like them fancy like this one I posted last year. Who knew?
So when I was thinking of what kind of grilled cheese to make for today, my husband told me about one called the Hawaii 5-0 that he had last week at a restaurant here in Calgary. A Hawaiian grilled cheese? Genius really.
This sandwich tastes like an inside out Hawaiian pizza. The pineapple in it makes the sandwich. Seriously.
- slices of bread
- slices of ham
- rings of fresh or canned pineapple
- pizza sauce
- slices of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Butter the outsides of your bread, then spread the pizza sauce onto the inside of the bread.
- Add the ham, a pineapple ring then the mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on your grill until each side of the sandwich is crunchy and golden brown, and the cheese is melted. About 3 minutes per side.
- Or if you can cook these in a sandwich or panini press.
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Serve these Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with a bowl of homemade tomato soup and enjoy!
For more delicious grilled cheese recipes, we’ve got you covered!
- Granny Smith Grilled Cheese by Mommy Moment
- Pesto & Bocconcini Grilled Cheese by Spaceships and Laserbeams
- Black Russian Grilled Cheese by me…